President Muhammadu Buhari has said the withdrawal of the military from where peace had been restored will be gradual and not abrupt.
In Case You Missed This: I Will Be Standing Down In 2023 And Will Not Be Available In Any Future Elections –Buhari
Buhari made this known via his verified twitter official page on Saturday.
“Let me reassure Nigerians that the planned withdrawal of the military from areas where peace has been restored will be gradual and carefully planned. It will not be abrupt or arbitrary; will not be carried out in a manner that will expose communities to a greater risk of attacks.
“There is, therefore, no cause for alarm, regarding the planned withdrawal. We will not do anything to jeopardise the successes already recorded by the military. We will not expose any part of Nigeria to harm or danger.
“The withdrawal is to allow the military to focus on its primary duty of defending the nation against external aggression. It is the duty of the police to handle internal security since Nigeria is not at war.
In Case You Missed This: What Buhari Told APC Governors After Their Legal Battles
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps will support the police to provide internal security.