The Department of State Services has finally complied with the court orders directing it to release the convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore, from custody.
In Case You Missed This:Sowore: Gov Akeredolu Condemns DSS’ Court Invasion
Omoyele’s release came a few hours after the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), said in a statement on Tuesday that he had issued a directive to the DSS to release the Sahara Reporters publisher and the immediate-past National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, Punch reports.
Malami said his directive followed the decision by the President, Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to comply with the court orders granting bail to the two men.
In Case You Missed This:Just In: AGF Takes Over Sowore’s Case From DSS, Read All The Details
Sowore was violently rearrested at the Federal High Court in Abuja by the operatives of the DSS on December 6, barely 24 hours after he was released from detention that lasted over four months.
Journalists from various media houses saw Sowore after he was released from the custody of the DSS at the agency’s headquarters in Abuja at about 6.20pm on Tuesday.
In Case You Missed This:BREAKING: Intervene In Sowore’s Case, SERAP Writes US President, Trump
But it could not be ascertained yet if Dasuki who had been detained by the agency since December 2015 was also released on Tuesday.