Bamalli succeeds Shehu Idris, the previous Fulani emir of Zazzau who reigned for 45 years before his death on September 20.
The Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai has wished the new monarch a successful and peaceful reign.
Below are some amazing facts about the new emir:
1. Bamalli was born on June 8, 1966, in Zaria city of Kaduna state.
2. He is the first emir from the Mallawa ruling house in 100 years, following the demise in 1920 of his grandfather, Emir Dan Sidi.
3. The monarch had his primary and secondary education in Kaduna city.
4. Bamalli studied law at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
5. He holds a master’s degree in international relations and diplomacy and a diploma in organisational leadership from Oxford University, UK.
6. He has taken courses at a number of educational institutes abroad including Harvard University as well as Northwestern University in Chicago and the University of Pennsylvania.
7. Bamalli is also a fellow on conflict resolution at the University of York, United Kingdom.
8. He held the title of Magajin Garin Zazzau until his emergence as emir. 9. Bamalli also served as Nigeria’s ambassador to Thailand, with concurrent accreditation to Myanmar.
10. The emir served as a permanent commissioner in the Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission in 2015.
11. Bamalli worked in the banking sector. He also served as the executive director and later as acting managing director of the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Corporation.