Samson Siasia was handed a lifetime ban by the world’s football governing body Fifa for allegedly breaching article 11 of the organization’s Code of Ethics.
Siasia, 53, maintains his innocence from the allegation and has filed an appeal with the football body and the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against the ruling.
The appeal hearing was initially fixed for March 19, 2020, but it has been postponed until October 6 due to the wake of the coronavirus spread.
Barely three weeks to the hearing, the two-time Olympic medalist says the needed €250,000 about (N115million) to prosecute the appeal is yet to be realised.
Recall that a crowdfunding (GoFundMe) account was created to seek donations in a bid get the needed amount to prosecute the appeal.
A total of $616 (about N240,000) has been donated to the ex-international so far on his GoFundMe account.
“Lawyer’s bills are crazy, too expensive. What the lawyers will ask is if I can take out this ban and then I have my life back, then they have a fee; it might be 50,000 Euros; it might be 100,000 Euros” Siasia told Legit.ng during a live Instagram chat.
“I came there (GoFundMe account) because I needed help. But a lot of good Nigerians have supported me. Some people will call that they want to pay N50 or N100. We have a lot of good Nigerians.
“If I even have the money which I don’t have yet, still I’m looking at bonuses that these lawyers will get if I can.”
October 6, 2020 date has been picked by the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) to hear the appeal as he hoped to upturn the ban.