President Muhammadu Buhari will address the nation today, his third broadcast since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari, on April 27, 2020, addressed the nation and announced the first phase of easing the lockdown with effect from May 4, 2020, for an initial period of two weeks. The president said that there was going to be a review of the situation after two weeks to determine compliance and also progress or otherwise on the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
In today’s broadcast, Buhari is expected to give an update on the Coronavirus pandemic and other aspects that the deadly virus has affected the country.
However, there is every possibility that the president talks about that these points outlined
READ MORE: Madagascan COVID-19 Herbal Drug: I Will Listen To Science Before Allowing Traditional Or Any New Medicines To Be Administered On Nigerians – Buhari
1. More needs to keep to the security guidelines like social distancing, hand washing
2. Update on what has been achieved so far, Madagascar’s vaccination and other vaccinations.
3. More directives on the gradual ease of the economy, more businesses to open and some workers to go back to work.
4. Loans for businesses and roadmap for economic revival.
5. Update on Kano and Bauch’s covid19 cases and some other parts of the north.
It would be recalled that the president in late March imposed a lockdown on Lagos, Ogun and Abuja FCT.
He also imposed a lockdown on Kano in April after reports of a spike in coronavirus cases.