Muhammad Ali was not just one of the greatest sporting icons that ever lived, he was also a great orator. Some of his quotes are legendary. These 10 legendary Muhammad Ali quotes reveal what it takes to have a winning attitude.
1. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can’t hit what his eyes can’t see. Now you see me, now you don’t. George thinks he will, but I know he won’t.
These words made one of the best quotes in sporting history. Ali spoke these words just before his fight with George Foreman in 1974. These words catapulted Muhammad Ali to instant fame.
2. It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself.
3. You think I was shocked when Nixon resigned? Wait till I whup George Foreman’s behind.
4. I done something new for this fight, I done tassled with an alligator! That’s right. I have tassled with an alligator! I done tussled with a whale! I done handcuffed lightning, throwed thunder in jail! Only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone. Hospitalized a brick. I’m so mean I make medicine sick.
4. Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision.
5. If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
6. If you ever dream of beating me… you better wake up and apologize.
7. Joe’s gonna be smokin’ an’ I ain’t even jokin but I’ll be peckin’ and a pokin’ and I’ll pour water on that smokin’. Now this might astound and amaze ya but I will destroy Jo Frazier.
8. There are two things that are hard to hit and see, that’s a spooky ghost and Muhammed Ali.
9. Like The Beatles, there will never be anything like them. Like my man, Elvis Presley. I was the Elvis of boxing.
10. I’m not the greatest, I’m the double greatest. Not only do I knock ’em out, I pick the round. I’m the boldest, the prettiest, the most superior, most scientific, most skilfullest fighter in the ring today.