According to a report from RMC, Liverpool have rejected a €100 million offer from Barcelona for midfielder Philippe Coutinho. The Reds had already said no to an €80 million bid from Barça two weeks ago, and it seems the English club will not agree to sell their top player unless the Blaugrana make a ridiculous bid of over €150 million.
Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp said Monday that Coutinho is not for sale, and this indeed seems to be the case. Coutinho has been Barça’s major target this summer after it became clear that Paris Saint-Germain would not listen to any offers for Marco Verratti, and regardless of the Neymar situation, Barça wanted to sign Coutinho since the started of the transfer window.
Now that Neymar is indeed leaving, signing Coutinho becomes the biggest priority for the Catalans given the Liverpool star can play in Neymar’s position and is also able to play in midfield. It seems like this particular saga will take the entire month of August to be solved, but if Barça decide to invest a portion of Neymar’s money on Coutinho, this saga will end with a happy ending for the Blaugrana.